2012年6月10日星期日

Actor Postcards A Reverse Perspective

Actor Postcards A Reverse Perspective

Postcard marketing for actors to update casting directors and agents with the positive goings on in your career should not be a 'maybe', but a 'definitely'. Nothing is as quick and easy, and to the point, when pushing a recent booking,mbt schuhe günstig, joining one the unions, promoting new representation, or highlighting a new look and new headshots. And whether you have a desire to become and actress or actor, or are a seasoned working actor, YOU are your best PR firm when it comes to promotion.

I believe the power of the postcard cannot be overstated as it shows that you care enough, and are dedicated to moving your career forward with one of the best follow up tools available. Whether it's in acting, or any business for that matter, so many opportunities are squandered due to lack of follow up. In this ear of instant gratification, we easily forget that there still are some things in this world that need to be WORKED for. I know, I said the "w" word. But in this industry, a hard working actor quickly turns into a working actor.


But what happens with the roles are reversed,scarpe hogan, and an casting director, agent, or in this case, production company sends a postcard to YOU? This is exactly what happened to me. In the fall of 2006, I audition for, and booked a role to do some voiceover work for the American Heart Association on a PSA they were working on. Because it was a PSA (Public Service Announcement), and they are a non-profit,hogan vendita, the pay was on the low to moderate scale. But, as we do so many times as actors, because I felt the reasons behind the booking were noble, it wasn't about the money. It was about being part of a project that I felt portrayed a good message that people need to hear.

The production company was Uber Prodcutions. I honestly don't know if they are still in business or not, but I will never forget my working with them. Why? Well, it wasn't because of their professionalism which was excellent. It wasn't because of how nice the crew was, they were great. It wasn't because the whole shoot seemed to run right on schedule,mbt schuhe, which is a rarity most times in this business. It was because of what happened a week AFTER the shoot. Something very simple, but something very thoughtful arrived in the mail shortly after the shoot (and I am NOT talking about the paycheck). They sent me a postcard. Yes, the production company sent me a postcard thanking me for the work I did on the project. Now this is something they definitely didn't have to do, as it is no where near the norm. I've worked on many many projects for the very small to the very large production companies. No one had ever before, or ever since,mbt schuhe günstig, sent me a postcard in thanks. It didn't make my day, it made my WEEK! I was amazed with how jazzed I was to get such a simple piece of card-stock.

A very simple gesture made a very lasting impact in the mind of this actor. So please, don't underestimate the power of the postcard. Even if you think it would be assumed by the recipient, everybody loves a thank you note - even if it's thanking them for bring you in to audition for the smallest of roles - remember,hogan vendita, they still gave you the opportunity.

Ethan has been a professional actor since 2001, and has worked in numerous projects in LA,mbt zum Verkauf, Las Vegas, and Reno markets. He also teaches a workshop entitled ??The Business of Acting 101?? and maintains an acting resource blog at . He is also an on-air host for the home shopping network Posh TV.

Related articles:

没有评论:

发表评论